When thoughts cross your mind..write them down.

At times it seems that life sends you messages. These messages cross the past to the present and at times even to the future. It is important that these moments are recorded, you never know when one of these messages may be an answer to something you haven't yet asked.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Long Way Home

Have you ever taken the long way home....on purpose? I love doing this. In fact I try to find a new way home as often as I can. Why? Because it teaches me to see....

I have heard the saying "Seeing is believing" But I also have heard "Believing is the beginning of Seeing". I believe we live in an amazing, beautiful world. We are surrounded by it, but in our busy daily lived how often do we stop to actually look at it?

I had a co-worker comment on a photo I took one snowy morning. It was of a little cottage just up the road from our office. It sits back against the trees like a little hideaway. I have always loved the look of this house. This particular morning it was covered with a fresh blanket of snow. I had to stop and catch the moment. My co-worker said that now...whenever he drives by that house he sees it in a different way.

I also take my camera with me almost every day. Some days I never use it, others it becomes my therapy session. I even named my camera "Videre" which means "To See". And yes, I do see so much more through its eyes...

Even on trips, whenever possible,  I choose a different way home than the one I took to get there. And I am never disappointed.

The Long Way Home does not always mean the amount of miles driven...it means taking the time to see what you are driving past. Appreciating the diversity in people, the colors of the parks, the trees, the mountains, the clouds.... did you know they change every day?

"Take time to notice the things that other people are missing"

No comments:

Post a Comment